BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 2.0 Layouts »
Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 16, 2010

fearless



Dear family,

This is september 19th 1917, my head is spinning, my bones are burning and my heart is sinking, Yes i am proud to be fighting for America, and at the end of everyday i feel like i am a hero and that I have done something for my country. However as much as i would like to say that I am strong and that I am ok with this, I can't. It is hard to be living a life where you could receive a grenade to your head any minute and a life where you could be having breakfast with someone and then 20 minutes later find him lying dead and being stomped on. All you hear all day are the sounds of exploding bombs and suffering men. I miss the love, peace and tranquility I had with you guys. I am glad I had time to write you this letter since I barely have time for myself. It's a very tough life, when you know that there is absolutely no place were you are safe. It's not life back home were, when everything feels wrong and everywhere feels dangerous, there still is that place you call home were it is always safe. There isn't really a place i call home here, well maybe the trenches but those are dangerous as well, we receive artilleries all the time and more and more men are starting to suffer from shellshocked making the number of men fighting a lot less. The food we get is pretty sufficient and everyday there are less people there to eat. I am really scared that one day i will be that missing person around the table. I try not to think about it and everytime i start losing hope and fading into depression I think of you guys, the only people i feel safe with. My family is the only thing that keeps me fighting that allows me to wake up every morning and be fearless, so thank you. Thank you because YOU are helping america as well, you and all the other families are what keep us soldiers away from depression and suicide. YOU are the reason we are fearless

0 comments: